Early Sunday morning NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and NHL Player’s Association executive director Donald Fehr stood side by side to announce the news.Information leaking out of talks say the tentative agreement is a 10-year deal with a mutual opt-out clause after eight years and includes contract term limits at seven years (eight years for a team to re-sign its own players).In the first year, the salary cap is set to be at $60 million but teams can spend up to $70.2 million in the transition period.The minimum is $44 million.Sources said the 2013-14 salary cap, a very divisive issue, will be $64.3 million, while the floor will remain at $44 million.It is believed the sides are aiming for either a 48- or 50-game season depending on how quickly things get done. Sources told ESPN.com that a 50-game season would start Jan. 15, while a 48-game season would start Jan. 19. It’s over.Well, almost. Both sides still need to vote on the package.But after what seems like an eternity, the National Hockey League and its players reached a tentative deal to end the 113 day lockout.
Application deadline is June 18, 2013. Summer may be just around the corner but the executive of Nelson Minor Hockey is already planning for the upcoming season on the ice by accepting application for coaches to the rep hockey program.Applications for Peewee, Bantam and Midget Rep have been officially circulated on the Nelson Minor Hockey website http://nelsonmha.ca/
Aaron Sedlbauer scored the lone goal of the game sparking Hume Innkeepers to a narrow 1-0 victory over Old Dogs in the final of the Men’s Open Soccer League Saturday at Lakeside Park.The goal came in the second half of a game between the two top clubs of the Men’s Open League.Both team had chances to score in the first half of the tightly played contest.Striker Mitch Ryan missed a couple of great chances for the Old Dogs while Mitch Melanson had a goal taken away as Taylor Russell kicked the ball off the goalline.Mike Precious pitched the shutout for the Innkeepers. The title is the second in as many seasons for Hume Innkeepers.Old Dogs had rebounded this season after failing to make the final in 2015.However, the squad had no substitutions during the game and ran out of gas against the younger Innkeepers.In the Ladies Rec League Championship, Red Dog could not keep their surprising run going, falling 5-3 to Dirty Dozen.Red Dog had scored a shootout upset a week ago against Wild Cats to advance to the final.However, Dirty Dozen, finishing on top of the regular season standings with a 10-0-2 record, held off the pesky Red Dog squad.In Men’s Masters, Red Dog completed the sweep by capturing the playoff title with a 4-0 shutout win over Bia Bora.Red Dog had earlier won the regular season title before outlasting 2015 champion Retalack in the semi final.Bia Bora had posted wins in the quarter and semi finals before losing in the final.
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The University of the Incarnate Word athletic department and its Student-Athlete Advisory Committee recently took time out of their busy schedules to collect canned goods as part in the annual Southland Gives Back community service project.“I am really appreciative of our student-athletes and all of the hard work they put in to serve our surrounding community,” Director of Athletics Brian Wickstrom said. “Community service is an excellent way to increase exposure of UIW Athletics, while also helping to develop our student-athletes at citizens. I am proud of our Student-Athlete Advisory Committee for leading the way in meeting the mission of the University of the Incarnate Word, and for helping to set UIW Athletics apart as a premier institution within the Southland Conference.”Cardinals from all 23 sports came together to participate in the third annual Cardinal Canned Food Drive. Donations of canned goods were collected for the San Antonio Food Bank, which strives to fight hunger in Southwest Texas through food distribution, programs, education and advocacy. The San Antonio Food Bank has quickly grown to serve 58,000 individuals a week in one of the largest service areas. For the most up-to-date information on UIW Athletics visit uiwcardinals.com. Be sure to follow UIW Athletics on Twitter @UIWAthletics and like UIW Athletics on Facebook at UIW Athletics.As part of the “Southland Gives Back” initiative, the Southland Conference will profile a community service outing from each of our 13 member institutions each weekday from Dec. 6 to 22. “Every year this event is a great way for UIW’s student-athletes to come together and give back to the community that we love,” SAAC President Karina Velez said. “As student-athletes, we understand the importance of nutrition. We are happy to contribute to the San Antonio Food Bank and help them reach their goals of ending hunger. Our next event is our annual Cardinal Crates initiative, where we will deliver school supplies, donated by UIW student-athletes, to Hidden Cove Elementary.” This year, UIW Athletics collected nearly 1,000 pounds of canned goods for the local community. Those goods will be distributed to more than 530 partner agencies in 16 counties throughout the region.
PNG’s welterweight champion Rickson ‘The Powerhouse’ Yamo has a chance to fight for the division’s vacant World Kickboxing title which will be held in Port Moresby in July.The World Kickboxing Federation (WKF) sanctioned International event will be staged on the 27th of July at the Lamana Gold Club.Yamo said he was confident of winning the WKF welterweight 46.5kg title. Yamo will be up against four time world champion Jarrko Jussila from Finland.“We met before and he (Jussila) won by a split decision. But after the loss I discovered that I was using 12ounce gloves and Jarrko was using the formal 8 ounce gloves required. This time I am confident of winning the title. I will do it for my country and my new province Hela, said Yamo.He said that in his 12 years of kickboxing, this was by far his biggest challenge yet, saying it was a dream come true to fight for a world title. Yamo urged his supporters to give him the push to attain the title.“My preparations have been very good, I’m training four hours a day and I am ready to get that title,” said Yamo.The July 27 event will also feature five undercard fights. The sixth fight will be a fight for the Intercontinental title between Muay Thai fighter Lee Henry Garap and Drew Corfield.Yamo thanked Opposition Leader Belden Namah for pledging a K100, 000 for the fight. But he also said he needs more sponsorship to cover an estimated cost of 355,000 kina to stage the event.
Photo: PHOTOSPORT The PNG government first signalled its interest in hosting World Cup matches two years ago, with co-hosts Australia and New Zealand offering their support.Papua New Guinea’s Minister for Sports and National Events, Justin Tkatchenko, says, after hosting a successful Pacific Games, Port Moresby has a host of new facilities ready and waiting to be used at the highest level.”Over the last six months the World Cup team and NRL have done their due diligence and come to PNG: had a look at our hotels, medical facilities, infrastructure, stadiums and all the rest to give a recommendation as to whether we’re able to host such an event so today is a bit of history for Papua New Guinea”.Justin Tkatchenko says Sir Hubert Murray Stadium can hold 20,000 fans and will likely be the first pick for possible venues, with Lloyd Robson Oval and Sir John Guise Stadium also options.Papua New Guinea will only be hosting the Kumuls pool games, with other matches in the group to be played in Australia.
The Competition Committee has published the agreements reached after studying the minutes of the 20th day of LaLiga. The agency has reported the following suspensions:A match for accumulation of reprimands to:Unai López (Athletic)Rubén Pérez (Leganés)Ximo Navarro (Alavés)Carlos Fernández (Granada)Emerson (Betis)Carvajal (Real Madrid)Banega (Seville) A match for double warning to:Germán Sánchez (Granada)Javi López (Espanyol)Parejo (Valencia)Two matches for protests to the referee:Daniel Jesús Pastor Bejarano (physical trainer of Mallorca).
Rodrygo6 Jovicone Casemiro4 Karim, whom the muses have abandoned since Valencia, remains the same top white scorer. It corresponds to 16 of the goals of this 2019-20, and who comes closest to him is Rodrygo, with 6. In the tail of the table are those that remain to be released, only four: Militao, Marcelo, Mendy and the injured Asensio, That is not but it is expected. DEL GOLES DEL MADRID 2019-20 * PLAYERGOALS * Unionists’ goal is not counted Lucas Vázquezone Bouquets5 Fede Valverdetwo Benzema16 Varane3 Carvajalone Kroos4 Nachoone 6 Viniciustwo Jamesone Modric5 Madrid has put in the lane the solidarity of its players, who have raised their shoulders to shield themselves in defense and to do more damage in attack. With Nacho, the exemplary youth player, there are already 18 Zidane boys who have celebrated at least one goal this season. It is the data that draws the leader in the League and qualified for eighth in the Champions League and in the Cup as A coral team. Hazardone Brahimone Bale3 Four days after Brahim was the last to open his account, before Unionistas, Nacho succeeded him in Zorilla to avoid a bad drink to Madrid and increase to 18 the Madrid scorers. In total (14 in Barça, 15 in Seville and 11 in Getafe), two lines have more prominence, the defense and the core. They were not presupposed such contribution, but theirs are 27 of 59 goals this season, almost 46%.The missing ones: Militao, Marcelo, Mendy and AsensioIn Liga is where this irruption of defenses and midfielders acquires greater relevance. He doesn’t score in the tournament, despite the brand-new solo leadership, a Madrid striker for a month and a half, when Benzema scratched a point in the discount at Mestalla. After that December 15 have passed five days and six goals Without an attacker saying this mouth is mine. Iscoone
This type of solution is not new at Real Madrid. For example, Higuain already went to the United States, specifically to Chicago. The Argentinean operated there with Dr. Richard G. Fessler of a hernia in the back. Before, Van Nistelrooy He visited Colorado to solve his knee injury with Dr. Steadman, who operated on María José Rienda. Hazard will be next to cross the puddle. Eden Hazard will be operated on the fissure in the right distal fibula who suffered in the match against Levante on February 22. The club and the player have already made the decision and the Belgian will go through the operating room this week. The intervention, in this way, It will take place Thursday in Dallas.The news, advanced by the journalist Edu Pidal in Onda Cero, was confirmed by the club to this newspaper. Madrid, however, prefers not to provide details about the operation at the moment. The withdrawal period will be two to three months, which makes it difficult for Hazard to play again this season with the Madrid shirt. For the Belgian even Eurocopa is in danger, Although Roberto Martínez, who was in the Classic at the Bernabéu, is confident that the strategy taken will come later.
“We play soccer, that’s our business. If we can’t do that, then we have no income. And if a company has no income, that’s bad. “ Jochen Schneider, Schalke’s sports director, recently assured.Schalke, after having performed poorly last season (fourteenth in the Bundesliga), has returned this year to the positions it usually occupies, which give access to European competitions. He is currently sixth and, although he has far the Champions League positions, The goal is to return to Europe next year to begin to recover from the sports crisis that it went through. The serious situation in Europe due to the coronavirus is affecting football. With the competitions suspended, the clubs have difficulties to assume the enormous amount of expenses that suppose the chips of the soccer players. Without income, the accounts don’t add up. For this reason, the Schalke footballers have taken a step forward: They have proposed to the directive to lower their wages by 30% during the time this situation lasts. The leaders had asked for an effort and it has been Omar Mascarell, the team captain since January, who has transferred the decision of the staff to the leaders. The Spanish proposed this option to the rest of the team captains, who also viewed it with good eyes. After consulting with the other colleagues, they communicated their decision.Mascarell is in Tenerife these days, because all this serious situation caught him on his land recovering from an injury he suffered in the abductors. Despite being far away, his status as captain has put him at the forefront of the squad to speak with those responsible for the club. The final decision, led by the Spanish, has been to lower wages to help the team in this delicate situation.