jvdakv

According to eVisitor, close to 600.000 arrivals were made in the ten days of July

first_imgLooking at the destinations, most overnight stays so far in July were realized in the destinations Vir, Rovinj, Medulin, Mali Lošinj, Poreč, Umag, Crikvenica and others. Photo: Municipality of Vir In the commercial and non-commercial segment (eVisitor) and in the nautical charter (eCrew system), for the first time this year, more than more people are staying in Croatian destinations this year. 500.000 tourists of which about 430.000 are foreigners. At the moment, most foreign guests come from the market Germany, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. “We realize the largest tourist turnover from those markets where we carry out intensive promotional activities aimed at positioning our country as an interesting, but above all safe tourist destination. The achieved results prove that we succeeded in that because Croatia is one of the few tourist destinations in the Mediterranean where tourist traffic is realized. We expect guests from distant non-European markets, but also from the UK, France or Scandinavia during mid-July with an increase in the number of airlines that will positively affect the overall traffic in the country, especially the results of destinations in central and southern Dalmatia. stated the director of the CNTB, Kristjan Staničić, emphasizing that responsible behavior and adherence to all prescribed epidemiological measures are still extremely important. The beginning of July for Croatian tourism, given the corona crisis, and according to the results of the Croatian Tourist Board, was quite successful. In the period from 1 to 10 July in Croatia it has been achieved almost 600 thousand arrivals (46% of results achieved during the same period last year) i 4,4 million overnight stays (53% of the results achieved during the same period last year). Looking at overnight stays realized in the same period by counties, most of them were realized in Istria (1,2 million overnight stays), Primorje-Gorski Kotar County (975.000) and Zadar County (819.000 overnight stays). They are followed by the Split-Dalmatia County with 706.000 overnight stays, the Šibenik-Knin County with 321.000, the Dubrovnik-Neretva County with 188.000 overnight stays and the Lika-Senj County with 167.000 overnight stays in July. last_img read more

RICS urges rates review

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

118 foreigners refused entry to Indonesia in February due to China travel history

first_img“Overstay visas were only issued to Chinese citizens in Indonesia whose visas had expired but who could not go back to their country because of the virus outbreak and because there was no means of transportation to take them there,” Arvin said. Airlines and airports have suspended all flights to and from mainland China following the government’s decision to impose a temporary travel ban to and from the country on Feb. 5.There have been no confirmed COVID-19 cases in Indonesia to date. (gis)Topics : Immigration authorities denied entry to 118 foreigners in February in an effort to prevent the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from spreading to the country.“The foreigners had lived in or visited China 14 days before arriving in Indonesia,” immigration spokesperson Arvin Gumilang said in a written statement on Sunday, adding that the denial of entry was in keeping with a 2020 Law and Human Rights Ministerial Decree that had been issued in response to the coronavirus outbreak.The Immigration General Directory has issued overstay visas for 1,247 Chinese nationals across the country.last_img read more

Biden formally nominated as Democratic candidate to challenge Trump

first_imgLoyal top supporterIn addition to Clinton and Carter, Tuesday’s lineup featured Jill Biden, who has been married to the candidate since 1977.The educator from Pennsylvania, who served eight years as second lady, has campaigned at length for Biden, repeatedly speaking of his values and commitment to everyday Americans. The educator from Pennsylvania delivered a personal, high-stakes prime-time testimonial about her husband, including how the personal tragedy of the death of his first wife and daughter in a 1972 car crash has shaped him. “How do you make a broken family whole?” she said. “The same way you make a nation whole. With love and understanding — and with small acts of compassion. With bravery. With unwavering faith.”The camp is promoting Joe Biden as a unifier. In their appeal to middle-of-the-road voters and frustrated Republicans the convention featured a video of the unlikely friendship between Biden and late Republican senator John McCain, narrated by his widow Cindy McCain.Republican former secretary of state Colin Powell also delivered videotaped remarks in which he endorsed Biden and said he shared the Democrat’s values.Tuesday’s keynote was notable in that it featured 16 mostly young current and former elected Democrats seen as upcoming leaders including Stacey Abrams, who spent time as a Georgia lawmaker.”Faced with a president of cowardice, Joe Biden is a man of proven courage,” Abrams said.Former president Obama will speak on Wednesday along with 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and Biden’s running mate, Senator Kamala Harris of California. “It means the world to me and my family,” he added, reminding viewers he will deliver a formal acceptance speech on Thursday at the conclusion of the four-day jamboree.The nomination was a formality as he had already won the majority of the more than 3,900 delegates back in June.The roll call came on Day 2 of the mostly virtual Democratic National Convention aimed at celebrating the party’s candidate and welcoming independents and frustrated Republicans into their political movement to oust Trump from the White House.The proceedings included a series of presentations by party leaders past and future who unleashed their own arguments against the White House incumbent and urged voters to rally around Biden. The lineup featured president Jimmy Carter, who served one term from 1977, and 1990s commander-in-chief Bill Clinton, who warned that the Trump White House is swirling with chaos instead of the competence necessary to address the nation’s crises.”At a time like this, the Oval Office should be a command center. Instead, it’s a storm center. There’s only chaos,” Clinton said.”Just one thing never changes — his determination to deny responsibility and shift the blame,” Clinton said. “The buck never stops there.”The president faced a barrage of criticism on opening night too, most notably from former first lady Michelle Obama who said Trump lacks the character and skills for the job.”I thought it was a very divisive speech, extremely divisive,” Trump told reporters at the White House.In her pre-taped remarks to the convention, Obama urged Americans to rally behind Biden, her husband’s former vice president, in the November 3 presidential election.Trump’s White House is marred by “chaos, division and a total and utter lack of empathy,” Barack Obama’s wife said in unprecedented criticism of a sitting US president by a former first lady.”Donald Trump is the wrong president for our country,” she added. “He is clearly in over his head.”Later Tuesday on a visit to battleground state Arizona, Trump knocked Obama for delivering taped remarks.”Thursday night I’m doing it live,” Trump said, referring to his speech next week when he formally accepts his party’s nomination at the Republican convention, which has also shifted online.Trump said he has chosen the White House South Lawn as the location, after saying in recent weeks that he would pick between the presidential mansion and the historic battlefield at Gettysburg. Delivering such an obviously political speech from the White House will stir substantial controversy, as presidents are required to separate their campaigning from taxpayer-funded governing. Topics : US Democrats on Tuesday nominated Joe Biden as their 2020 presidential candidate, formally designating the Washington veteran as the party’s challenger to incumbent President Donald Trump in the November election.In an unprecedented roll call vote that took place entirely online due to the coronavirus pandemic, all 50 states and seven territories announced their vote tallies that cemented Biden’s role as the party flagbearer.”Well thank you very, very much, from the bottom of my heart,” a beaming Biden said in a live video link as he celebrated the nomination.last_img read more

Springfield Lakes home ideal for entertainers

first_imgThe outdoor area overlooks the landscaped gardens.The property has an open-plan living, dining and kitchen area, as well as a formal dining space and a lounge area. More from newsDigital inspection tool proves a property boon for REA website3 Apr 2020The Camira homestead where kids roamed free28 May 2019The kitchen has an island bench, pantry and stainless-steel appliances, including a dishwasher. The master bedroom has an ensuite and walk-in robe and there is a study at the front of the home that could be converted into another bedroom. The family bathroom has a separate shower and bath and the laundry has external access. Outside, the covered patio has outdoor blinds, speakers and a wall-mounted television, which are included in the sale. The home at 49 Lloyd Bird Cres, Springfield Lakes.This Springfield Lakes home has high ceilings, open-plan living and a big outdoor patio for those who like to entertain.Martyn and Gail Browne bought the home at 49 Lloyd Bird Cres in 2007. “We came from Melbourne and we were downsizing from a large home there,” Mrs Browne said. “We saw this place and we liked the look of it and that it was on top of the hill, close to shops, cafes and the lakes.”Mrs Browne said the home was so perfect for them, the only thing they had to do was add blinds to the outdoor entertaining area. The kitchen is in the open-plan living area.The 448sq m block has low-maintenance, established gardens.Mrs Browne said the patio was her favourite space in the home. “We have a pizza oven, barbecue and TV outdoors and it’s where we do all our entertaining,” she said. The Brownes also enjoy being able to stroll along the nearby lakeside trails and wander down to the local cafes for a coffee.“We’ve really enjoyed living here, but it’s time for us to downsize further,” Mrs Browne said. The home is close to primary and secondary schools, public transport, Orion Shopping Centre and local shops.last_img read more

Italy’s Priamo to switch to absolute return when mandates expire

first_imgThe fund has now decided it needs to depart from its relative value management style, and instead begin working with an absolute return approach – even though most Italian pension funds have chosen not to take this route having earned well from benchmark investing in benign markets.“We want to encourage our managers to be more active in their investment style, to make sure they don’t just focus on beating the benchmark,” Marinig told IPE.Because Priamo’s current mandates expire in 2017, the pension fund will work on new manager searches during the course of next year. But, even before that, the board foresees changes happening to the portfolio as current mandates are altered to reflect the new asset allocation.This new model will involve a higher weighting of equities, with changes in geographical horizon and investment styles, according to Priamo. Fondo Pensione Priamo, the second-pillar fund for the Italian public transport industry, is on the verge of swapping its approach for an absolute return-led strategy as part of the new asset allocation it is putting in place to manage its high rate of maturity.Some 80% of the €1.19bn pension fund’s membership are bus drivers, and, according to their contracts, they can retire at the age of 60 for health reasons.Osvaldo Marinig, the pension fund’s chairman, told IPE’s ‘How We Run Our Money’ in the magazine’s December issue: “This particular characteristic of our fund prompted us to reflect on our investment strategy. The time horizon of the fund is reduced compared with other funds.”There are other challenging aspects too, he said, such as the high average age of members, which means more workers are expected to retire soon.last_img read more

Duterte cuts short Japan trip due to ‘unbearable’ spine pain

first_img President Duterte left the country on Monday to attend the enthronement of Japanese Emperor Naruhito. He is supposed to return to the country on Wednesday. MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte was forced to cut short his attendance of the enthronement of Japan’s emperor “due to unbearable pain in his spinal column,” due to what Malacañang said was “unbearable pain” in his lower back after a motorcycle mishap last week. “The Palace, however, confirms that the President has attended the enthronement rites earlier today, albeit carrying a cane to assist him in his walk,” added Panelo. According to Presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo, the President was scheduled to return home last night and will meet with a neurologist today for consultation. President Duterte was slightly hurt when he fell off his motorcycle last week as he went for a ride inside the Presidential Security Group compound but it was dismissed as just slight injury./PNcenter_img “The Chief Executive will thus have to miss the Emperor’s banquet this evening at the Imperial Palace and has requested Mayor Sara Duterte to represent him and attend on his behalf,” said Panelo in a statement Tuesday. “While this was unforeseeable, the public can rest assured that there is nothing to worry as regards the physical health and condition of the President as he gives serious priority thereto in actively serving our country,” he said. President Rodrigo Duterte arrives to attend the enthronement ceremony of Emperor Naruhito of Japan at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on Tuesday. APlast_img read more

Lady Bulldogs Netters 1st Round Winners

first_imgThe Batesville Lady Bulldogs opened Eastern Indiana Athletic Conference tournament play with five first round victories.Sarah Hoseus defeated Rushville’s Allison Wainwright at No. 1 singlesLydia Olsen defeated Alexia Lamberdines of East Central at No. 2 singlesAllyson Ritter was a winner in two sets over Rushville’s Sarah Harpring at No. 3 singlesBrooke Bradford and Kelli Hartman were winners over Franklin County’s Brack and Stang at No. 1 doublesMacy Simon and Karsen Worthington won at No. 2 doubles over Rushville’s Martin and Hershberger.Second round play will be on Saturday at Greensburg High School.Submitted by Batesville Coach Bryan Helvie.last_img read more

May 18 show at Maquoketa is new to Deery Series slate

first_imgMAQUOKETA, Iowa – An 18th date has been added to the Deery Brothers Summer Series.The IMCA Late Model tour is at Maquoketa Speedway for a $2,000 to win show on Wednesday, May 18. Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modifieds and local street stocks complete the mid-week program.Pit gates will open at 3 p.m. and the grandstand opens at 4 p.m. Hot laps are at 6 p.m. with racing to follow.Grandstand admission is $16 for adults, $12 for seniors and students, and free for kids six and under. Pit passes will be $30.More information is available from Race Director Scott Schurbon at 563 219-2478 and at the www.maquoketaspeedway.com website.“We’ve been working with Scott on finding the best date and getting final approval for this race,” Tour Director Kevin Yoder said. “It fits perfectly with races on the original schedule and our IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing events.”The additional date means the $9,325 point fund to be paid midway through the series, barring any rainouts, will now be disbursed following the June 14 event at West Liberty Raceway.Opening night for the 30th annual tour is Friday, April 8 at Davenport Speedway.last_img read more