“It’s a disgraceful decision,” said the Spurs boss. “If City are not guilty of it, then you are not punished with €10m. read also:Mourinho targets third Europa League title with Spurs next season “If you’re not guilty then you shouldn’t have a fine. If they are guilty then the decision is also a disgrace and you should be banned from the competition. “I don’t know if Manchester City are guilty or not but either way, it’s a disgraceful decision.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Tottenham boss, Jose Mourinho, has slammed the decision to overturn Manchester City’s two-season UEFA ban. Mourinho has labelled the decision as “disgraceful” and “a disaster”. City are free to play in Europe’s premier club competition next term, having seen their two-year ban overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport. However, a £26.8million fine was reduced to £8.9million.Advertisement Loading… Promoted ContentWe’re Getting More Game Of Thrones: Enter House Of The Dragon!The Most Exciting Cities In The World To VisitTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeLook At Something Beautiful That Wasn’t Made By A Human BeingWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?8 Scenes That Prove TV Has Gone Too Far6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do ThisThe Most Exciting Cities In The World To VisitWorld’s Most Delicious Foods
St. Omer, IN—INDOT crews are making progress on C.R. 700 N. over I-74 near St. Omer in Decatur County. A superstructure replacement project began earlier this month and is expected to be complete by the end of October.
A couple has filed a lawsuit against a Florida hospital accused of losing the infant’s remains.According to Fox 13, the lawsuit was filed in early July. It states Kathryn and Travis Wilson gave birth to their son Jacob on Feb. 25, but Jacob died three days later.According to reports, St. Joseph’s Hospital hired a company to transport Jacob’s body to Orlando Regional Medical Center for an autopsy, and then had his remains brought back wrapped in blankets and a body bag.Court documents obtained by Fox 13 say the body bag was then placed on a stretcher and left in the morgue.The couple told Fox 13 the hospital notified them on March 5 they had Jacob’s body and they could move forward with setting up funeral arrangements.The Wilsons began planning their baby’s funeral, but then, according to court documents, the hospital let them know they couldn’t find Jacob’s body.The couple has since filed a lawsuit for negligent handling of a body and infliction of emotional distress, saying they suffered physical and psychological trauma over the incident.
New Delhi: England all-rounder Moeen Ali, who recently made his comeback to the red-ball cricket in the recently concluded five-match Test series against India, has claimed he was subject to racial abuse from an unnamed Australian cricketer during a match in the 2015 Ashes. Moeen, who is Birmingham-born with Pakistani heritage, had earlier addressed a racial abuse that he received during last Ashes from the Aussie fans. Now, the 31-year-old has mentioned the racial abuse incident during the 2015 Ashes in his soon to be published autobiography. In that particular match, England won by 169 runs, with Moeen being the pick of the players for his brilliant knock of 77 runs in the first innings and five wickets. “It was a great first Ashes Test in terms of my personal performance, however, there was one incident which had distracted me. An Australian player had turned to me on the field and said, ‘Take that, Osama’ [a reference to Islamic terrorist Osama Bin Laden]. I could not believe what I had heard. I remember going really red. I have never been so angry on a cricket field,” Moeen Ali states in his autobiography.ALSO READ: Asia Cup 2018: The Tigers take on the Lions in campaign openerLater, England coach Trevor Bayliss narrated the incident to his Aussie counterpart, Darren Lehmann as it was a serious incident of racial abuse.However, the player refused to accept that he called him ‘Osama’, claiming he had said, Take that, you part-timer. I had to take the player’s word for it, though for the rest of the match I was angry.”The player in focus also said that he would never say something like this as some of his best friends were Muslim.ALSO READ: Asia Cup 2018: India vs Pakistan | Check out these rivalry statsMoeen further stated that he received more racial abuse during last winter’s Ashes Test in Adelaide, but this time from the audience, ‘when is your kebab shop opening?’ a fan had shouted from the stands.Moeen rejuvenated his form from last winter during the 4-1 Test series victory over India. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Golden Tate was pretty good this past Saturday, but wait until you see what the other guys can do.The Notre Dame junior receiver took a USC defense that had barely bent all season — and was almost never broken — and, well, broke it a bit.Mighty threat · The 5-foot-6, 190-pound Oregon State running back Jacquizz Rodgers ran all over the Trojans in an upset victory in 2008. – Leah Thompson | Daily TrojanHe had eight catches for 117 yards and two touchdowns — the first two through the air against USC all season long.Now imagine what two Golden Tates could do against USC’s defense. Scary, right?That’s the problem the Trojans will face Saturday, when Oregon State comes to town with the Rodgers brothers, Jacquizz and James.Twice the skill, twice the playmaking ability.USC will have its hands full.“The Rodgers brothers are ridiculous,” USC coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday. “They’re both terrific football players. They can get you a number of different ways.”Jacquizz can run between the tackles and outside of them. He dances through seams like a man on a tightrope, delicately measuring each step on his way to accomplishing some grand feat.“He’s the style of runner that really demands of it your defense,” Carroll said. “You give him a crack, he can take it. If you make a mistake he’s going to take advantage of it.”And did he ever take advantage of it last year. No one will forget the sophomore running back’s 186-yard, two-touchdown performance in the Beavers’ 27-21 victory in Corvallis, Ore. a season ago.Jacquizz Rodgers became a household name.This year, he’s on a staggering pace. In six games, he’s rushed for nearly 700 yards and 13 touchdowns — running behind a line with one starting senior.He can catch the ball, too: 38 receptions for 269 yards.“There’s no magic to it,” Oregon State coach Mike Riley said of his running back. “He’s a good player.”A very good player.When the ball is in his hands, look out. Thirteen touchdowns don’t happen by accident.And his brother James?His two-touchdown performance in last year’s upset seems to slip through the cracks, but nothing the junior wide receiver is doing is slipping through the cracks this year.He leads the team in receptions with 43, receiving yards with 544, and has four touchdowns. He’s also averaging 15 yards per punt return and almost 23 yards per kick return.He’s an electrifying player with incredible skills.All of this presents a major problem for USC. How will the Trojans match up against the likes of two talented playmakers?We saw the way Tate gave USC’s defense fits this past Saturday. He broke a big play on an incredible catch for a touchdown, beating redshirt senior cornerback Josh Pinkard to the ball. He prolonged the potential game-tying drive with a leaping catch over the middle.Now imagine two players who can light it up like Tate on the field at the same time. Both can run and catch. They can make the plays to grind out yards just as well as they can burn you for the big play.“We’ve got to put together a great week of preparation,” Carroll said. “It really calls for a strict approach to it this week.”Carroll was pleased with the way his team started this week off in practice, but will that be enough to contain the Rodgers brothers?The Trojans had two weeks to prepare for Tate, yet he nearly beat them in the second half, making six of his eight grabs in the final 30 minutes and scoring twice.Yes, Tate does have junior quarterback Jimmy Clausen throwing him the football, and the Notre Dame line is ripe with seniors. And no, Oregon State senior quarterback Sean Canfield is not on Clausen’s level.But Canfield is beginning to hit his stride, and the Beavers’ offense is clicking with three straight games of 28-plus points.That means the offense is as explosive as it has been — and the Rodgers brothers are at the center of it.Now it’s up to the Trojans to stop Jacquizz and James on Saturday. If they can’t, the fourth quarter won’t be the only troublesome quarter for USC.“Thrilla on Manilla Paper” runs every other Thursday. To comment on this article, visit dailytrojan.com or email Grant at email@example.com.
Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on February 13, 2017 at 2:26 pm Contact Matthew: firstname.lastname@example.org | @MatthewGut21 Syracuse fell to No. 21, down one spot from No. 20, in the Week 15 Associated Press Top 25 poll released Monday afternoon.Last week, SU (18-8, 9-4 Atlantic Coast) lost at then-No. 14 Duke by 17 points, then blew out North Carolina, 95-64, on Sunday afternoon. Redshirt senior guard Brittney Sykes continued her strong season against UNC, scoring a career-high 34 points. She also handed out three assists, grabbed six rebounds and blocked two shots for an SU team that has won five of its last six. Alexis Peterson, the ACC’s leading scorer, added 27 points, eight rebounds and seven assists.Seven ACC teams ranked inside the Top 25: No. 4 Florida State, No. 7 Notre Dame, No. 13 Duke, No. 14 Louisville, No. 15 North Carolina State, No. 16 Miami and No. 21 Syracuse. Connecticut, amid a 99-game win streak, remains tops in the nation.Syracuse, which has three regular-season games left and places sixth in the ACC standings, plays next on Sunday against the No. 7 Fighting Irish in the Carrier Dome. Comments AdvertisementThis is placeholder text
Twenty-eight teams would be involved in the preliminary round of matches over two legs between today, September 4 and September 10 as the continent begin its elimination series towards the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.Interestingly, Super Eagles will not be playing at this stage of the tournament where 14 teams will emerge to join the continent’s top 26 countries (including Nigeria) in the second round.According to the format, the 40 teams will be drawn into ten groups of four. Super Eagles The ten group winners will qualify for the final knockout round, played over two legs.The five winners of those ties will represent Africa at the World Cup in Qatar 2022.The pick of the cherry at this preliminary round starting today is the tie between Burundi and Tanzania following their spirited display albeit without much success at the AFCON 2019 in Egypt. It would be interesting to see how far they have both overcome their AFCON failures.Despite recent progress and qualification to the AFCON for only the first time in their history, Les Hirondelles of Burundi failed to go past the group stage in Egypt, – losing all three matches and no goal to their name. Ditto Tanzania who returned to the AFCON for the first time since their debut in 1980, suffered similar fate by losing all three group stage matches and have since relieved Coach Emmanuel Amuneke of the Taifa Stars’ job.The Nigerian and 1994 CAF Player of the Year has subsequently being replaced by Burundi-born Etienne Ndayiragije, who was handed the job though on interim capacity due to his excellent work on the domestic Tanzanian scene with Kinondoni Municipal Council FC.The 40-year-old Ndayiragije has seemingly passed the litmus test when his side last month eliminated Kenya from the African Nations Championship (CHAN) and Tanzanians would expect his winning wand continues in the upcoming ties against Burundi.Similarly, this 2022 World Cup qualification would be an opportunity for rebuilding process for teams like Namibia and Zimbabwe after they both sacked coaches after wishy-washy performances at the AFCON in Egypt.The Warriors were eliminated in the group stage after losing to the hosts (Egypt) and Democratic Republic of Congo , and managed a draw against Uganda but they have a new man in charge following the appointment of Joey Antipas as a replacement for Sunday Chidzambga.In other games, neighbours Liberia and Sierra Leone will cross swords in Monrovia, Mauritius against Mozambique in Belle Vue whereas Portuguese-speaking duo Sao Tome and Guinea Bissau face off in Sao Tome.FIXTURESBurundi vs TanzaniaEthiopia vs LesothoEritrea vs NamibiaLiberia vs Sierra LeoneMauritius vs MozambiqueSao Tome vs G’BissauS’Sudan vs E’GuineaSomalia vs ZimbabweChad vs SudanSeychelles vs RwandaGambia vs AngolaComoros vs TogoDjibouti vs EswatiniBotswana vs MalawiShare this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A Des Moines Register reporter who wrote about racist tweets posted years ago by an Iowa security guard is no longer employed by the Iowa newspaper because he also made offensive comments on social media.Editor Carol Hunter wrote in a column posted online Thursday night that reporter Aaron Calvin “is no longer with the Register.”The Register began investigating comments made by Calvin on Twitter after his story about Iowa security guard Carson King sparked outrage. The story profiled King, who gained national fame after he held a sign seeking beer money during an ESPN show and then promised to donate the more than $1 million that poured in to a children’s hospital.In the story, Calvin noted King had posted two racist tweets more than seven years ago, when he was a teenager. People angered by the story found old tweets from Calvin that made offensive comments about race, gay marriage and other topics.Calvin couldn’t be reached for comment. His Twitter account is no longer open to the public.
Hello, I am a male, longhaired cat, and my # is 85690. Some say my coat is black, some say brown, I think it depends on the lighting and maybe my mood, either way everyone agrees that it is very pretty and very soft. I am mostly a mellow cat that enjoys being around people. Like any cat I enjoy a good play session but getting and giving affection is my favorite thing. I am really hoping to have a forever family soon to spend the holidays with. Please come down and meet me or call 360-352-2510 for more information about me. Thanks. I am ready to spend the holidays with my new family, are you them? I am a female, basset hound/lab mix, about 4 years old and my # is 87122. I am a very loving dog and am often told that I am a good dog. I am good on walks and enjoy them very much. I enjoy playing but am not big fan of playing catch. I am a curious dog who enjoys smelling and exploring new areas. Please come down and meet me or call 360-352-2510 for more information about me. Thanks. Facebook0Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by Joint Animal ServicesHello, I am a female, grey and white tabby cat, my # is 84846 and I am about a year old. I am curious cat who is fun cat to have around. I enjoy playing and exploring but I also have a cuddly side and enjoy snuggling up. Please come down and meet me or call 360-352-2510 for more information about me. I would love to find a forever family to spend the holidays with. Thanks.
The former Forestry Development Authority (FDA) Finance manager, Bernard Bropleh, last Monday, walked free out of Criminal Court ‘C, after his prison sentence was suspended by Judge Yussif Kaba.Judge Kaba also ordered Bropleh, who he found guilty of stealing US$17,208.34 from the FDA, to pay back the money within a year.The Criminal Court Judge further ordered Bropleh to perform community service of three hours daily, five days a week, at the Paynesville City Corporation (PCC) for a period of six months.“Bropleh will be monitored and supervised by the authority of the Paynesville City Corporation,” Judge Kaba stated.He further ruled that “Bropleh would also be turned over to the Probation Section of the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), so that his activities would be monitored for a period of two years, to ensure that he engages in no act of financial malpractices or any (similar) act(s) during the two year period.”Bropleh throughout the trial confessed that he stole US$17,208.34 from the FDA, but said it was with the intention to engage in business activity and was not intended to unduly deprive government of its revenue.In his confession to the court and the prosecution, Bropleh pleaded guilty to stealing US$17,208.34 and asked the court to grant him forgiveness and to have him restitute the money.He also asked the court to allow him to pay back the money within a year and to render community service in a location where he would be monitored.He went ahead to promise by saying “If my appeal is accepted and approved, I would do nothing to delay the payment of the amount.”Bropleh also apologized, describing his action as “error of judgment.”On Monday, Judge Kaba took less than an hour to find Bropleh guilty.In his ruling, the Criminal Court Judge said, “This court noted with keen interest that the defendant in these proceedings has shown his conduct when he was made to plead to the charged that he indeed regretted his action.”Since this is the case, Judge Kaba added, “this court hereby grants the request of the defendant for a suspended sentence and he has to pay the money within one year.”Instructing the Court Clerk, Judge Kaba declared, “The Clerk of this court is hereby ordered to do a communication to the Paynesville City Corporation (PCC), and to the Probation Section of the MOJ to give effect to this judgment.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)