Srinagar: Restrictions were lifted in most areas of Kashmir on Saturday, a day after strict curbs on the movement of people were imposed in the valley in view of the Friday prayers and the proposed march of separatists to the local United Nations military observer group office. Officials said people were allowed to move freely even as deployment of security forces continued on the ground. While barricades were removed from most areas, concertina wire barriers continued to be in place on the roads in some areas of the city and elsewhere in the valley, they said, adding that security forces allowed the movement of people only after checking their identity cards. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details The officials said the situation remained peaceful on Friday and there were no reports of any untoward incident. The restrictions were imposed on Friday in view of the congregational prayers and the separatists’ call for a march to the office of the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) at Sonawar. Meanwhile, traffic movement increased on Saturday and attendance in offices also improved, the officials said. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday Markets across Kashmir continued to remain shut for the 20th consecutive day as shops and other business establishments were closed, while the public transport also was off the roads, the officials said. However, they said, some vendors have put up stalls in Batamaloo and Lal Chowk areas of the city. The officials said mobile services and internet remained snapped since 5 August when the Centre abrogated some provisions of Article 370 of the Constitution and reorganised the state into two Union territories Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. The officials said landline telephone services were restored at some places. However, the services continued to remain snapped in the commercial hub of Lal Chowk and Press Enclave here.
Former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback, Donovan McNabb has responded to claims from his ex-teammate, Shawn Andrews, that he was a locker room bully. McNabb denied ever bullying Andrews.McNabb spoke to the Philadelphia Inquirer about the former offensive lineman’s allegations.“That is ridiculous. I don’t know what comments you expect to get from me, but that is news to me and completely false. For me to bully anybody, that sounds unbelievable,” he said.Earlier in the month, Andrews told an Arkansas magazine that his life was “a living hell” while playing with the Eagles because of McNabb.“He was a big part of it — he was a big part of my issues there,” Andrews said. “Bully is a strong word, but he was degrading to me and spread rumors. It’s bothered me that I haven’t really spoken about it.”Andrews played six seasons with Philadelphia and seven in the NFL. He retired at age 28 after battling injuries and depression. He also made the Pro-Bowl three-times.
The Citizens will host Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday, and Pep has spoken of “El Mago’s” skillsOne day before the Manchester City-Shakhtar Donetsk match in the UEFA Champions League, Pep Guardiola has taken his time to praise David Silva.The Spanish midfielder was key to the 2-1 win over German Bundesliga club Hoffenheim, scoring the winning goal.And he has scored twice in the last three UCL matches.Report: City are stunned by Norwich George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Manchester City was stunned by Norwich City in todays Premier League clash.Much has been made in recent days of the potential impact of Aymeric…“[David Silva] was always a problem to play against,” Pep told the press as reported by the club’s own website.“He is one of the most incredible players playing in the pocket, which the space in between players. He moves in those spaces.”“Few players can do it, and he is a master at that. He is enjoying it a lot. The fact he has played for so long in Premier League says everything,” he added.“I love being alongside him every day.”
County opens new crime lab, investigation and evidence building Sasha Foo, Sasha Foo Posted: June 20, 2018 June 20, 2018 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSan Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore and County Supervisors marked the formal opening of the county’s new crime lab in Kearny Mesa.The 176,000 square foot facility is part of the county’s main operations campus. Built at a cost of $107 million, the five story structure is state of the art and much bigger than the current crime lab that is housed in an old hospital.The building will be the home of the county crime lab, the Sheriff Department’s Major Crimes division and the property and evidence unit. Gathering these services and resources in one location may enhance the efficiency of investigators who are assigned to cases such as homicide, sexual assault, child and elder abuse. “We can do everything we need to pretty much here in the building,” said San Diego Captain Mike McClain.McClain who heads the Major Crimes Division said the DNA tests used for homicide and sexual assault cases and the chemical tests to detect drugs can be conducted in the same building where detectives are working. “So rather than driving around town to various locations, everything can be done within this facility now,” said McClain. About 15,000 exams are performed at the crime lab each year for cases from 30 law enforcement agencies in San Diego County.Sheriff’s investigators with the Major Crimes division will be the first to move in, possibly as early as next week. Employees from the crime lab will follow in multiple phases, with the property and evidence unit being the last group to move in. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Sasha Foo, Posted: December 4, 2018 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – With all the new development at Liberty Station, you might not notice the North Chapel. Built in 1942, one year after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, it was a vestige of the old Naval Training Center and a memorial to the men and women of the “Greatest Generation” who went to war.However, a recent change in the lease has raised fears that the chapel’s historic character could be altered or destroyed. In the last few weeks the McMillan Company, which holds the master lease at Liberty Station, sold the lease for the chapel to a Michigan company called Seligman and Associates.Arlene Paraiso, who is fighting to preserve the chapel’s historic characteristics, said Seligman is using an operator for the property that has moved into other historic sites and ripped everything out. “This company, 828 Venues, they look for historical buildings to revive, and if you look at every single one of them, they’re all gutted to the studs. And when I say gutted, I mean everything is taken out; you see bricks and you see studs and it’s just barren,” Paraiso said.The North Chapel, with its stained glass windows and hand carved wooden pews, is still used for occasional weddings and serves as a regular house of worship for two congregations every Sunday. The church members have been told they won’t be able to use the chapel after December 31.In a statement from the Mayor’s office, press secretary Christina Chadwick said the chapel will be used for a range of events, including but not limited to weddings and religious gatherings. “It will now be up to the operator to work out specific agreements for those interested in using the North Chapel for an event,” Chadwick said.In a letter addressed to the new leaseholder, Mayor Kevin Faulconer wrote that he opposes any plan that affects the historic nature of the North Chapel. “I am writing to confirm my serious concern about any alterations to the chapel’s historically protected characteristics,” the Mayor stated.Two thousand people have signed an online petition to save the old NTC landmark.Several city council members have said they want more information on the new leaseholder’s deal. December 4, 2018 Updated: 5:40 PM Lease change raises fears about future of NTC Chapel Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Sasha Foo