Tag Archives: 上海哪条路指压店多

The Ashes: Mitchell Starc finds ominous form with two hat-tricks in one match

first_imgAustralia pacer Mitchell Starc became the first bowler since 1979 to take two hat-tricks in one match.Starc became the eighth bowler to achieve the feat. R.O. Jenkins, Amin Lakhani, T.J. Matthews, C.W.L. Parker, J.S. Rao, A. Shaw and A.E. Trott had also claimed two hat-tricks in the same match.In fact, Rao and Trott had taken two hat-tricks in the same innings.Starc had fired an ominous warning to England ahead of the Ashes series with a hat-trick for New South Wales on the second day of a Sheffield Shield match on Monday.He has got it! Unbelievable!!! @mstarc56 has got his second hat-trick of the match to win the game! Fairy tale stuff!Incredible scenes!- NSW Blues (@CricketNSWBlues) November 7, 2017HAT-TRICK! Again! Unreal from @mstarc56.Watch here: https://t.co/aoG4dpaSh5 #SheffieldShield pic.twitter.com/7pqWgkl6sP- cricket.com.au (@CricketAus) November 7, 2017Great win by the Blues. 2 hat tricks in 1 match by @mstarc56 was something special to witness? https://t.co/4Rq5N04nqy- Steve Smith (@stevesmith49) November 7, 2017The quick, who will spearhead Australia’s attack when the series begins later this month, claimed the wickets of Jason Behrendorff, David Moody and Simon Mackin in successive deliveries to end Western Australia’s first innings.Behrendorff and Mackin were bowled by trademark Starc yorkers in the four-day match at Hurstville Oval while Moody was adjudged lbw trying to defend another.The left-armer finished with figures of 4-65, while Josh Hazlewood, who is likely open the bowling with Starc against England, did the damage at the top of the Western Australian order with 3-24.advertisementIn the second innings, with Western Australia chasing 395, Starc delivered victory for New South Wales by removing Behrendorff, Moody and Wells.(With inputs from Reuters)last_img read more

Players from Ladakh can represent Jammu & Kashmir for now in Ranji: Vinod Rai

first_imgCricketers emerging from the newly-created union territory of Ladakh will represent Jammu and Kashmir in the domestic circuit, for the time being, Indian cricket’s Committee of Administrators (COA) chief Vinod Rai said on Tuesday.The government on Monday bifurcated Jammu and Kashmir to create two union territories of Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir but the BCCI won’t have any separate state body for the newest UT for the time being.”We are not thinking of having a separate state body for Ladakh as of now. The players from that region will continue to qualify to represent Jammu and Kashmir in all BCCI domestic competitions,” Rai told PTI on Tuesday.The J&K Ranji team is not known to have featured a player from Ladakh till date. The upcoming Ranji Trophy season is scheduled to start in December later this year.Asked if Ladakh will become a voting member of the BCCI like Puducherry, which is also a Union Territory, Rai said that there has been no discussion on the matter as of now.”Nothing of that sort has been discussed as of now. The arrangement remains the same like it is for Chandigarh which is also a Union territory. Their players either play for Punjab or Haryana in domestic competitions,” Rai said.On the situation in Kashmir, after the government decided to revoke provisions of Article 370, which gave special status to Jammu and Kashmir, Rai said the BCCI has nothing to worry and cricket is expected to continue in the valley as usual.advertisement”We are confident that J&K will play their home games in Srinagar just like last year. There has been no discussion on having an alternate home venue as of now. So nothing changes on that front,” Rai said.Recently, all the age-group, as well as senior team camps in Srinagar, were indefinitely postponed after a state government advisory with regards to a terror threat on Amarnath Yatris.The Jammu and Kashmir team’s mentor along with 100 aspirants left the valley due to the prevailing security situation.Also Read | Article 370 scrapped: Landmark move, says cricketer Suresh RainaAlso See:last_img read more

Yogis cabinet reshuffle postponed

first_imgLucknow: The much awaited cabinet reshuffle of the Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has been postponed. The reshuffle which was to take place on Monday was deferred late on Sunday as reports came in of the deteriorating health of former Union Minister Arun Jaitley in Delhi. Preparations for the swearing in ceremony had begun and legislators, who were to be sworn in, were asked to reach the state capital. Distribution of invitation cards was suddenly stopped late on Sunday and officials confirmed the postponement of the swearing in ceremony. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’ This was to be the first cabinet reshuffle of the Yogi government since its formation in March 2017. The Yogi government has a total of 43 ministers, including the Chief Minister. There are 18 Cabinet Ministers, nine Ministers of State with Independent charge and 13 Ministers of State, including two Deputy Chief Ministers — Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma. The maximum strength of the council of ministers can be 15 per cent of the Assembly’s total strength. The Uttar Pradesh Assembly has 403 seats and hence, the state can have a maximum of 61 ministers, including the Chief Minister. Meanwhile, official sources said that the expansion and reshuffle was likely to take place later this week “if all goes well”.last_img read more

Nadal reigns in clash of former US Open champs as Zverev exits

first_imgNew York: Rafael Nadal ramped up his quest for a fourth US Open title with an impressive win over 2014 champion Marin Cilic to advance to the quarter-finals while Alexander Zverev slumped to a four-set defeat. Second seed Nadal — the winner at Flushing Meadows in 2010, 2013 and 2017 — produced some electrifying moments of brilliance to end the challenge of Croatia’s Marin Cilic 6-3 3-6 6-1 6-2 on Monday. After barely breaking a sweat in reaching the last 16, a run that included a second-round walkover, Nadal stared down his stiffest test so far to surge into a quarter-final meeting with Argentine 20th seed Diego Schwartzman. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over Chandigarh The Spaniard exchanged the first two sets with Cilic but grasped control by breaking for 3-1 in the third, a series of dazzling winners drawing an animated fist-pump from golf legend Tiger Woods at Arthur Ashe Stadium. Nadal reeled off nine games in succession across the third and fourth sets and 12 of the final 15 to nail down a 40th Grand Slam quarter-final appearance, nine of which have come at the US Open. “The emotions I have when I play here are impossible to describe. I love the sport and feel very lucky to still be playing tennis here. Eight years ago I didn’t think that would happen as my body was suffering badly,” Nadal said. Also Read – Vijender’s next fight on Nov 22, opponent to be announced later “It’s a huge honor playing in front of all of you and playing in front of Tiger is a very special thing. I always say I don’t have big idols but one idol is him and I always try to follow him.” Nadal’s path to the final sees him take on Schwartzman next after the 5ft 7in (1.70m) Argentine chopped down sixth seed Zverev. “He is playing amazing, nothing new, he’s one of the players with best talent on tour,” the 18-time Grand Slam champion said of his upcoming opponent. “It will be a big challenge. I have to play my best. I’m happy for him. He’s a close friend and I hope to play a great match.” – Berrettini, Monfils win – =========================== Zverev rolled through the opening set against Schwartzman under the roof on Ashe during a rainy afternoon session, but he lost his way to go down 3-6 6-2 6-4 6-3. The German was enjoying his deepest run in New York but committed 17 double faults and 65 unforced errors and received a point penalty for swearing as Schwartzman advanced to a second US Open quarter-final in three years. “Generally my season so far has not been the best,” said Zverev, who has reached just two quarter-finals in 18 Grand Slam appearances. Zverev said he was hindered a “very swollen” back and right hip following a fall in his previous match. “I had a lot of chances which I didn’t use early in the match. He kind of ran away with it.” Zverev lost his serve three times during the second set but appeared to have steadied himself when he moved a break ahead at 3-2 in the third, only for Schwartzman to wrest the momentum back in his favor after a lengthy sixth game. “It was tough because I was feeling I had the chance to win this and I had a few break points I could not take,” Schwartzman said. “He was up a break and then I recovered really quickly and I felt great after that.” Matteo Berrettini became just the second Italian man to progress to the US Open quarter-finals, 42 years after Corrado Barazzutti’s run to the last four in New York. Berrettini, the 24th seed, eased to a 6-1 6-4 7-6 (8/6) win over Russia’s 43rd-ranked Andrey Rublev to reach the last eight at a Grand Slam for the first time. “It’s something really crazy. I cannot believe it right now. I need a few hours to understand what happened,” said Berrettini, 23, who goes on to play French 13th seed Gael Monfils. “I’m just happy. Seeing my team and family here and crying, for me it’s unbelievable.” Berrettini went one step further than his run to the last 16 at Wimbledon in July, where he was beaten by Roger Federer. Monfils, a 2016 US Open semi-finalist, crushed the 33-year-old Andujar’s bid to become the oldest player in the Open era to reach his first Grand Slam singles quarter-final with a 6-1 6-2 6-2 rout.last_img read more